Speaking of Change, Collaboration, Leadership, and Body Language

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Three frogs were sitting on a lily pad. One frog decided to jump. How many frogs were left?

If you said “three,” you’re right. “Deciding” and “jumping” are not the same. Deciding is a thought and jumping is an action.

The world is filled with people who have decided to be successful, healthy, and happy. And, while I applaud those aspirations, I also see their limits. My overwhelming admiration goes to those who take the necessary steps to achieve the desired success, good health, and happiness.

I have no complaint with those who write down their goals and ambitions. (I do so myself.) And I know how powerful imagery can be when you create full-sensory mental pictures of future achievements. But please don’t stop there. Jump into action, take risks, make mistake - and learn from them. It's those action that will move you – however tenuously – toward turning your dreams into reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home