Speaking of Change, Collaboration, Leadership, and Body Language

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

NYC

Just back from a speaking trip to New Jersey (presenting a seminar on "The Power of Collaboration" for the Institute of Management Studies) and then on to NYC for the weekend. As I saw the skyline of the City, I was reminded of the week after September 11, 2001 when I flew to New York for a Conference Board presentation. About a dozen of us passengers on a Boeing 747 - the dust still in the air from the recent attacks - and New York strangely subdued and half-empty.

What a difference this trip! Now I flew east on an overloaded 737 and creeped along choked highways in a 2-hour ride from New Jersey to Manhattan. And despite any qualms about public transportation after the London bombings, New Yorkers and tourists alike jammed the subways and buses.

I love New York! And if you are planning a trip there in the near future, here are a couple of reccommendations:1) When in SoHo, eat at Kittichai (60 Thompson - 212-219-2000). I'm from the Berkeley/San Francisco area and I'm used to great food - but this restaurant serves the best Thai food I've ever had! 2) Get tickets to "The Light in the Piazza" at Lincoln Center. It is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home